The mission of the Board of Financial Institutions is to serve the citizens of the State of South Carolina. We will do this by:
- Licensing, supervising, examining and regulating the financial community in our oversight jurisdiction.
- Protecting the public from unlawful or improper practices of our financial institutions. We will work to ensure that our financial institutions adhere to the law.
- Educate and communicate with the public giving them the information they need to make wise financial choices.
- Operate a safe and sound financial system so that the public can have the highest confidence possible.
- Promoting the growth, innovation and financial stability of our State financial institutions, which allows them to be more competitive and profitable; therefore offering a broad range of products/services and making them more accessible and affordable to the public.
- Creating an environment where the State charter is the charter of choice for institutions headquartered in the State.
Learn more about us.